Part-time Coordinator Flexible 7.5 -15 hours per week (approximately) £13.89 per hour Pension scheme with employer’s contribution 28 days holiday pro-rata
Flexicare is a small, local charity, which provides a home respite service for families with severely disabled children; giving a few hours of care for the child and their siblings while their parents take a break. The service is currently run by a manager (who also acts as a Coordinator), two Coordinators and a team of volunteers.
We are looking for a third Coordinator, whose role includes:
• Carrying out sits
• Arranging sits as requested by families
• Providing support for the team and ensuring high standards of care
• Assessing prospective new families and volunteers
• Facilitating training
• Assisting with the running of the charity and fundraising events
We are looking for someone who:
• has a nursing/paramedic background or experience with working with severely disabled children
• is prepared to work flexibly (including some evenings and weekends)
• is a car driver with access to a car (essential)
• is not afraid of cake baking!
This is a lovely job for the right person, the flexibility offered to the families extends to the staff and volunteers too, so working for the charity fits in around other commitments. The team is small, friendly and supportive, and the work is varied and enjoyable. If this sounds like something that would interest you, call us on 01865 321881. Applications close on the 15 April with virtual interviews to follow.